Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Here

the arctic cold front that is. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be seriously cold, for us anyway. We did our shopping this evening so we don't have to go out tomorrow unless we just want too. Personally I'd like to stay home but DH is always wanting to go somewhere.

It's been 5 days now since I've had any soft drinks and I don't miss them. We got some packages of the powdered, vitamin enhanced stuff that you add to water, tastes pretty good. I also got some raspberry flavored herbal tea. So I'm all set for drinks.

I was asked about gluten free flours. I use sweet sorghum, garbanzo bean and brown rice flours. I just mix them all together and then use them like regular flour. I've tried other combinations but I like this mix the best. Tapioca flour and potato and corn starches are good too. There's a potato flour but I haven't tried it yet. Quinoa flour is extremely nutritious but has a strong taste that takes getting used to. Being 100 percent gluten free isn't easy but doable.

Photo of the day, my great grandparents, the parents of the first baby that I posted a picture of yesterday. The man in this photo is the son of the man that I posted a photo of the other day.

Photobucket

He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalm 126:6

No comments: