Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recovering

DH is a deacon at our church and last night there was a meeting and we always have a meal and the wives attend. I tried to pick out things that I thought were gluten free but apparently they were not, there was probably gluten in the seasonings. Anyway last night I got acid reflux and most of the day today I had gas. Nothing like feeling like your innards are going to explode. It is pretty much calmed down now. I need to be more careful, don't enjoy the side effects of gluten.

DH and I worked all day today because there was a wedding. The wedding didn't last all day but we did have to be there while the people decorated and got dressed. Fortunately the reception was somewhere else. It was an afternoon wedding but the dress was formal. The bride and bridesmaids wore long gowns. Bridesmaid dresses never look good on all the bridesmaids, doesn't seem to matter what style is picked out. People come in too many different shapes and sizes. They were a pretty color though, a light green and strapless. Looked cold to me. The wedding dress wasn't as fancy as some I have seen, but then I didn't look at it up close. It was strapless too. The wedding wasn't hard to clean up after but the bathroom where the ladies dressed was a disaster. At least it smelled good with all that cologne that they sprayed on themselves.

The temp was in the 70's yesterday and then last night a cold front came through. The actual temp isn't all that bad, lower 40's but the wind tends to cut through you like a knife. I took Sassy on a couple of good walks anyway.

The moon looked very beautiful in the east a while ago. It's interesting how it looks so big on the horizon and then seems to get smaller as it rises in the sky. I guess the atmosphere has something to do with it. Did I take a picture of it? No, didn't even think about it.

Photo of the day, another shot of Rush Lake.

Photobucket

Thy hands made me and fashioned me; give me understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments.
Psalm 119:73

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi, SM! Hope your tummy feels better soon.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks, it's a lot better today.