Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for health food stores that have lots of gluten free goodies. Actually they have all kinds of stuff, shampoos, soaps, etc. It's one of my favorite stores to shop in. My second favorite is the pet shop, it has all kinds of goodies for Sassy.

Glorious weather today, the high was in the 60's. It would have been nice to go somewhere but finances were low and I had things to do at home, like take a nap.

I baked a gluten free chocolate cake, it turned out good considering. I put it in a bundt pan and forgot that bundt cakes usually take nearly an hour to bake. I took it out of the oven after about 35 minutes and turned it over onto a plate. It looked like a pudding instead of a cake. I didn't want to throw it out and waste all those ingredients so I spooned it back into the pan and baked it another 30 minutes. It looked weird in the pan but the good thing about bundt pans is that what you see on the top will ultimately end up on the bottom. So, when I turned it over it looked just fine, tastes just fine too. I also baked ginger bread because DH was wanting some. It turned out great too. At Walmart I got a mix called Pad Thai Noodles (I think that's what it's called, I threw the box in the trash and I'm not digging it out to make sure I got the name right.) I added some veggies and ham to it and it tastes great! I'm not sure if DH will eat any. We have pretty much decided that he will take care of his own eating needs and I'll take care of mine. He's always saying that he wants something new and different but when I make new things he won't eat them. So, like I said before, he's on his own.

Sassy seems to have gotten over her fear of children. She just loves all the neighborhood children, wants to run up to them and lick them. They love it. Actually she seems to just love everyone even other dogs that aren't very friendly. She thinks they should play with her. She is very happy go lucky.

Still have the cold but at least it's not getting worse. Actually I think today it's doing a little better. It tried a couple of times to upset my stomach but never quite succeeded.

I fell off the wagon as far as soft drinks are concerned. Had two Cokes yesterday and one today. I'll concentrate on my other goals first and maybe work on that one later. Maybe I should wean myself off it instead of going cold turkey.

Photo of the day, another view of the Holy City out on the Refuge.

Photobucket

Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes, and I shall observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may observe Thy law, and keep it with all my heart.
Psalm 119:33-34

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't health food stores great? I have been amazed at how many gluten free products they have. Some are so good too. Your cake sounded good! I made a flourless chocolate cake that was gluten free the other day that was actually made with garbanzo beans. Our co-op had the recipe in their magazine. It was really good! I was thrilled because I felt like I was cheating but I wasn't :).