DH and I braved the cold and wind to take Sassy out on 2 pretty long walks. They would have been longer walks but that wind cuts through just about everything.
We stayed home most of the day today. Did go to Braum's to get some ice cream, yeah I know it's cold but you can sit in front of a heater and eat it. Besides we ate it there. I got a chocolate M&M mix and DH got a double dip cone. The double dip cones were on sale. Then we went shopping in Goodwill. DH got a couple of sweatshirts and I got a knit and crochet book that was printed back in the 1970's. It looked very familiar I think I had a copy of it once years ago. Lots of good patterns in it. We went to Atwood's so DH could get another pair of jeans. Then back to the warmth of home.
I made a pizza this morning. The crust turned out really well for gluten free. I used a package of unflavored gelatin as a binder. You have to use something to fill in for gluten when you bake. Unflavored gelatin is one of those things. I was going to bake a cake but we still have some gingerbread left so I'll make the cake when that's gone or when we get tired of it and toss it out.
I had a slight desire for a soft drink today but got over it. Usually on our day off we go get a drink and do our shopping. Those drinks can get expensive.
Photo of the day, my dad when he was in the army back in World War II. He is the man in the center.

Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain.
Psalm 127:1
3 comments:
Central heat is great!
I got some Bob's Red Mill GF flour, but got stalled when the destructions on the bag said I might need guar gum, too.
It sounds like you had a nice day out! I was just at Jens blog and now your blog and SM ... it's time for me to go eat! The pizza sounds goood! And so does the gingerbread, AND the icecream!
Time to hit the kitchen! I think I'll have a grainy bagel though! I'm trying to eat healthier too!
Guar gum takes the place of the gluten. There are other things that you can use like applesauce, unflavored gelatin, an extra egg. You can get guar gum at the health food store.
Post a Comment