Monday, January 5, 2009

Sniff

I have a cold, lots of sneezing and a nose that leaks like a faucet. It's not bad enough to stay home from work though. I don't like being sick unless I can stay home.

Sassy is driving me crazy, she wants to go out about every 15 minutes. I know she doesn't have to pee that much, it's mostly rabbit hunting. I don't wanna hunt rabbits, it's too cold to hunt rabbits. She's not playing with her toys as much as she used to either. Is my baby growing up?

I found a gluten free version of beef Stroganoff at the health food store. I used venison and added veggies to it. I loved beef Stroganoff when I was a kid. DH hates it so I guess I'll have to eat this all by my self. That's fine with me. He is very fussy and hasn't liked much of anything that I have fixed the last few days. Well he can eat canned soup and frozen pizzas.

It's still really cold outside but at least the wind isn't blowing as hard as it was yesterday. It makes walking Sassy tolerable especially since she wants to go out so much.

Well I'm adding another goal to my list. DH and I have agreed that we need to give up soft drinks. We both drink way too much, it's too expensive and it's not good for us either. I have given up Coke several times over the past years and have always gone back to it, so this goal is going to be a difficult one. But with the Lord's help it can be achieved.

Photo of the day, Lawtonka Lake.

Photobucket

The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief corner stone. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:22-24

4 comments:

Annie said...

I found some Celestial Seasonings cold-brew peach iced tea not long ago and I drink that a lot. It's almost sweet without any sugar, but I usually sweeten it a bit.

Nasal-crom seems to be helping me some. Maybe give it a try?

Daisy said...

Awww SM ... I hope you get to feeling better soon! That's another great goal to work towards!

SchnauzerMom said...

Peach iced tea sounds good. Nasal-crom, I need to write that down. The next time I venture into Walmart I'll get some.

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon SM! It is no fun having a bad cold :(.