Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sickie

The cold that I had has settled in my stomach. I was hoping I could avoid that. I had the same thing about this time last year. I spent half the night last night in the bathroom barfing. I hate that, I really do. Most of the day my stomach felt OK but now this evening it's starting to act up again. I took some Pepto Bismol but it didn't help. I think that's mostly for when you overeat and not for viruses. DH is going to make some tea in hopes that it will settle my stomach. I'm willing to try anything.

I had a good day in spite of my stomach. The weather was gorgeous with the temp in the 60's and a north wind that wasn't cold. I wish I could have gone out to the Refuge but I didn't want to have to hit the brakes and go off into the bushes to barf. We did take Sassy to the prairie dog park and gave her a thrill. The prairie dog population seems to be down a little. Maybe the city's attempt to control them is working.

I want to bake a chocolate cake but I don't know it my stomach will allow it. Maybe if the tea works I can do it.

We pulled the cactus out of the flowerbed. They were getting too dangerous. Last summer DH got thorns in his leg and a couple of weeks ago I got some thorns in my purse. I've pulled thorns out of Sassy twice now. We did keep the little barrel cactus, it's small and not a danger to anyone. I think I'll transplant some Iris into the bed later.

Photo of the day, Sassy at the park doing her bird dog imitation.

Photobucket

Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written. The days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.
Psalm 139:16

No comments: