Monday, January 12, 2009

Windy

One cold front came in earlier and now another one is coming. The second one is supposed to bring colder weather with it. Winter is still here.

We ran out of things to eat so I baked a turkey and tator tot casserole. I didn't have enough tator tots to cover it completely so I just scattered them around. I used turkey broth to make the gravy. Gluten free flours seem to make better gravy than regular flour, at least for me it does.

I've got so many things that I want to do, knitting, quilting and so on but no time to do it. Maybe if I get off the computer I'd have more time. There's a thought.

Photo of the day, another re-run, one of my ancestors, a great-great grandpa, give or take a few greats.

Photobucket

Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:105

4 comments:

April said...

I love the picture of your great great grandpa! He looks like a hard workin' man. (Just like my Mike). :)

I know what you mean about not having enough time to do all the things you want. I'm making a list today of the things I want to do this weekend. I don't usually have much time during the week after working, exercising, cooking and cleaning up. It's bedtime by then! But I'm blessed to have a job so I can't complain too much. :)

Daisy said...

I know what you mean SM ... the computer takes up a lot of time doesn't it? I think I would have a whole lot more accomplished if I didn't spend so much time on it!

Unknown said...

Where did you find gluten free tator tots?? I would LOVE to buy some. That would be so yummy. Can I ask which flours you use to make gravy? I haven't figured out one that works yet.

SchnauzerMom said...

I got the tator tots from Walmart, Great Value brand. The tots themselves don't have gluten but they were manufactured in a factory that processed wheat so there's a chance of being cross contaminated. I went ahead and took that chance.