Our income tax refund came in yesterday. I put most of it into the savings account. If I leave it in checking it gets spent for bills and we want to spend it on something fun. Our paychecks will take care of the bills. We do owe state tax so I'll pay that out of the refund.
We went out to the Refuge to take photos but didn't take any. We just rode around and had a good time. We ate lunch at Meers and what I ordered was a mistake. Chicken with BBQ sauce on it. BBQ sauce usually has wheat in it. For some reason I thought it would be baked chicken which it was but it was loaded with sauce and upset my stomach most of the afternoon. I'm just now getting over it. Oh well, I tend to do things on impulse. Need to think first, ya know? We stopped at a little shop that was just before the Refuge. It was full of all kinds of nice things, jewlery, clothes, and home decor. We bought a wooden star to hang on the wall next to our metal star. Later we went to Hobby Lobby and DH got some cross stitch thread and I got some beads that were on sale.
Took a nap this afternoon, did laundry and when I get done here I think I'll make some scones, chocolate chip scones. Maybe I'll work on my sweater too.
Photo of the day, my grandparents (mom's parents) back in the 1930's. Notice the hat she is wearing. He died when my mother was a little girl.

The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; the one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.
Proverbs 13:3
2 comments:
Ohhh those chocolate chip scones are sounding good about now! I was thinking of making some the other day ... we are on the same food wave length! :o) Maybe I'll make some tomorrow for the children .. if I have time. Mondays are usually really busy for me.
Your scones sound yummy! I haven't ever made scones before, but I have eaten them :).
Post a Comment