Monday, February 2, 2009

Tired Feet

The feet are always tired so that's nothing new. I feel like I could lie down and sleep for a week.

First the weather report, the temp was in the 50's with a chilly wind but lot's of sunshine. I think we're under a burn ban or soon will be. Even with the ice we're still very, very dry.

I've decided that since I have some extra money I'm going to have a physical. I haven't had one in a couple of years. I'll have some blood work done too. We'll see if all those fish oil pills I have been taking have had an effect on my cholesterol.

The scones turned out really well, very tasty. I put oats and rice bran in them. The chili is gone so I cooked some pasta with hamburger.

I didn't post yesterday because it was a pretty busy day. The choir had a reception for new members starting at 3:30 and we didn't get home from that and church afterward until 8:00. Besides it's good to take a break from the computer now and then.

We watched Prince Caspian the other night and now I'm inspired to read the Narnia books again. I only read them once and it takes more than once for things to sink in.

Photo of the day, the promise of spring.

Photobucket

He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
Proverbs:13:20

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are doing great on the gf diet :). You go girl! We just saw Prince Caspian about a week ago, and I really liked it. I have never read any of the books, and really want to!

April said...

You've inspired me to make scones; I've never made them for some reason. Yours sound good with the oats and rice bran in them. :)

Daisy said...

I made my scones yesterday too! :o) Need I say that they are GONE today! Heheh! I only made a small batch and put them in every ones lunch and my dh and I ate a few last night which explains why they are gone.