Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that we didn't get severe weather the other day. I am sad for those that were hit hard. The rain that we got wasn't enough, we're still under a burn ban. The weather was gorgeous today, temp in the lower 70's, clear sky, the wind was a little chilly though.

We took Sassy for two long walks. Went to Walmart to stock up. Had lunch at Hong Kong Buffet, I'm hooked on sushi, love the stuff. Took a nap. Had dessert several hours later at Braum's then we went to Goodwill to see if DH could find a pair of dress pants to wear tomorrow. No luck. Personally I think jeans will be good enough. You wear what you have. If other people don't approve then they can buy us new clothes. I don't think anyone will notice or care anyway.

We decided not to go hear the Singing Churchmen at the auditorium. We both still have bad head colds and I don't think I could make it through 2 hours.

The bathrooms got cleaned today, the floors swept and the rugs washed. That's enough housework for now.

Photo of the day, one of my favorites. The baby is my uncle who is 80 years old now. Holding him is my grandfather, next great-grandfather and then great great-grandfather.

Photobucket

A fool always loses his temper, but a wise man holds it back.
Proverbs 29:11

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow 70's! That must be wonderful having such warm weather! It is only about 30 here. Still cold. Last weekend we had a day that was 60 degrees. It was such a teaser for us. Our snow is gone now, so it is nice to see grass again after 3 months straight of snow!

Annie said...

A good friend of mine is in the Singing Churchmen. They were near here a few weeks ago and I totally forgot about it! I was bummed.

SchnauzerMom said...

The Singing Churchmen are really awesome and I wish I could have gone to see them.