Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Award

Jules gave me an award, how cool.

Photobucket

I guess my blog is lovely, more or less, sort of.

Tornado season isn't supposed to start until April but it jumped the gun last night. Things got pretty rocky east of us. We need to pray for the folks in Lone Grove and Norman. Last I heard no one was injured or killed in Norman but several were in Lone Grove. It's a very small town and got hit really hard by an F4 storm. An F4 storm has winds at around 170 mph. Not pretty. The trailer park that I live in has 2 storm cellars but pets aren't allowed. So I've decided that Sassy and I (and hopefully DH) will go to the church, some parts of it are built with concrete filled cinder-block and other parts are made of steel. There are plenty of safe places there. The key is to leave early enough, not when the storm is in the back yard. DH thinks I'm crazy for leaving, he wants to ride out the storms at home. He thinks severe weather is cool. He's weird, what can I say. I'm not leaving every time it thunders, it has to be really severe weather as in tornadoes. We've lived in this house for about 8 years now and this is what I have done every spring. Ah, spring in Oklahoma.

Still have a cold, we're off tomorrow so we'll be able to get some rest. Really need to clean house, maybe I can get motivated tomorrow, but don't count on it.

We have a date for the Old Plantation in the not too distant future. I wonder if DH and I need to check the place out first.

Friday night the single adults of our church are hosting the senior adults to a Valentine Banquet. DH is 55 and official a senior adult so we're going to go. I think it'll be fun. Did I already mention this in a previous post? Probably, oh well.

Photo of the day, a side view of Sassy. She knew that I was taking her picture and the flash didn't seem to bother her.

Photobucket

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.
Proverbs 27:1

3 comments:

Annie said...

I like storms, too, so long as I can watch them from a storm-proof cellar.

I think most, if not all, of the people who were killed in Ardmore were in a mobile home park that had no shelter. Tell hubby to think again!!!

It may be summer before we get everything squared away, so you don't have to wait on me!

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful how we were awarded such a nice award :)? That was so nice of Jules.

We had a tornado touch down in our backyard a few years ago, and since then I have hated storms. Definitely tell your hubby to not stay in your home if a bad storm comes. A tornado treats a mobile home like a tin can. We had solid steel clothesline poles in our backyard that were bent over like toothpicks after the tornado.

Daisy said...

Congratulations SM. You have a lovely blog that I visit every day ... even if I don't comment all the time.

I don't blame you I would seek shelter too ... I'm not big on storms ... they are beautiful to watch,but from a far off.... like on the t.v. ... or if I'm in a place of safety. :oP