I made baked spaghetti with buffalo instead of hamburger. I've always wanted to try it and the health food store had some. It's more expensive than hamburger but is extremely lean and tasted really good. I want to use it again, I think it's worth the extra money.
One of these days I'm going to get ambitious and actually dust the furniture. It looks awful but I'm so pooped from working all day I just don't have the energy to clean house too. I don't have to do it alone, DH would help but he doesn't have any energy either. Oh well.
I had an appointment for a physical on Thursday but that has been postponed until March 2 because the Doc will be out of town on Thursday. So I'll have to wait a while longer to see how the blood tests turned out. I'd like to know if all that fish oil that I've been taking is doing any good on my cholesterol level.
I've been reading over at LHC how some people believe in the power of prayer but they don't believe in God. So who answers the prayers? Some all powerful force like Star Wars? That's fantasy, not reality. I don't know why some people refuse to believe in God. I think He's wonderful, He's my Everlasting Father and He is in control of all things and His way is the best way whether we like it or understand it or not.
Photo of the day, a nice outdoor scene, a little bridge over Medicine Creek, actually it doesn't cross the whole creek but just goes to a little man made island. Pretty though.

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven-
A time to give birth, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search, and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
3 comments:
Dust? You're supposed to dust the furniture? Seriously??
Glad you're on the mend. May the Force be with you. ;)
I believe in God, but it could be that those who don't and think prayer is helpful believe in the power of positive thinking - or something along those lines. And the more people who are praying, the more positive "vibes" are being sent into the universe - and can help the situation. I'm just guessing though.
I don't think people refuse to believe in God; they just don't believe. One can't make a choice if one doesn't see a choice y'know? :) Why do some of us believe and some don't? I dunno.
It's a funny world, isn't it? :)
I can't imagine what it would be like to not believe in God, and to not have a personal relationship with Him. This world is a crazy place, but we have such a hope when we know Him as our Savior.
Post a Comment