Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hail

We got pea size hail today. Quite a bit piled up on the west side of the house. We were at work when it happened. Didn't get a lot at work. The wind didn't blow all that hard but we did get some good rain. Things started getting pretty severe when it all went east. The weather guy said some places got winds up to 65 and 70 miles per hour. I don't like high winds, living in a mobile home has a lot to do with that. DH couldn't care less. Maybe if a tornado was headed straight for him he might care. But then again, he'd probably run to get his camera and take a picture of it. I on the other hand would be looking for a hole to hide in. Although I might be tempted to snap a photo. They showed a video of a tornado up in Norman (I think it was Norman). Hope no one was injured in it. Yep, severe weather season is here. Actually it never really leaves, just tapers off in the winter.

All this humidity is great for my hair. It loves humid weather, makes it fluff up and curl a little.

Sassy didn't seem to be afraid of the storms. We were outside while it was thundering and she didn't react to it at all. I don't know how she was when all that hail was hitting the house, I wasn't home.

HerbalAnnie is moving closer to me. We can go to Medicine Park to the Old Plantation restaurant. It's been around since the 1920's or 30's but closed down for a while. Someone bought it and remodeled it. I've never been there, don't know if the food is any good or not. But it would be fun to find out.

DH doesn't have a sinus infection after all, it's a head cold and he's trying to give it to me. I don't want it but it looks like I'm getting it anyway. Thanks a lot, happy Valentine's Day. Let's see what I can give him.

Photo of the day, me, DH said I look pretty. I'll take his word for it. It's been a little over 3 months since I cut my hair, it's grown quite a bit.

Photobucket

For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, contention quiets down.
Proverbs 26:20

3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad you guys are OK.

Several years ago I had the choice of new kitchen appliances or a fraidy hole. I took the appliances. Several time each year, I wish I'd gotten the fraidy hole instead!!

Annie said...

Almost forgot....

You got a date! :)

Daisy said...

That is a VERY nice picture of you SM!
It's raining here today but the weather finally reached the 50 degree mark! What a nice break!