Monday, February 16, 2009

I Think I'll Live

I feel much better today. I'm still coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose but I don't feel achy, tired and feverish. I have some OTC cold medicine that I think I'll keep taking for a few more days until this stuff is completely gone. Sassy got a couple of longer walks today.

We were off work today and it was a beautiful day with the temp pretty much in the 50's all day which is where it's supposed to be this time of the year. But then who decides what the temp is "supposed" to be? God, I would think and if He wants it to be in the 80's who's gonna argue with Him.

We did a little shopping today. Went to a craft store that was having a big sale and bought the rest of the thread that DH needs for his big cross stitch project. He does need some metallic thread as well and the store had some but not all of that particular brand. I looked on the Internet for it and it's not readily available there either. I think we can substitute DMC thread for it. It just has to be metallic. It's going to be a big cross stitch project, a nativity scene. I think the metallic threads will be used on the angels and the 3 kings as well as the star. DH has a lot more patience with cross stitch than I have. He's made some really beautiful things.

Now that my hands have stopped hurting I think I'll either work on my quilt or knit on my sweater.

We're watching the last of the Star Wars movies. Yoda is giving Luke his last pep talk, "the last of the Jedi will you be." We have oodles of movies, need to pick out something else after this is over.

Photo of the day, great-great grandparents on my mother's side.

Photobucket

Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Proverbs 31:30

3 comments:

Annie said...

Glad you're starting to feel a bit better.

Hubby's cross stitch project sounds beautiful. I did an eagle for my Hub, took me 3 years to complete it.

Aunt Jo said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Allergies and colds are the pits. I don't think my nose has stopped running since October.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm glad the weather has been nice for you. That probably helps, just being able to get a bit of fresh air.

I had to laugh when I read the Yoda sentence. Jeff and I just watched a Star Wars movie, and the way Yoda talks (with the grammer being all mixed up) rubs off! Jeff started talking like that, and I was cracking up.