Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gorgeous Day

I think the high was close to 80 with a wind from the South. Very nice. For a while this morning I saw some little gray clouds, haven't seen those in a while.

DH stayed home today. I think his problem is a sinus infection. We have 3 prompt care clinics in town. The first one we went to (the cheapest) wasn't open on the weekend. The AM/PM clinic was too expensive so we didn't go there. The next one that we have been to before was full of children. DH decided he wasn't sick enough to sit with a bunch of sick children for who knows how long. So we went to the health food store. I had heard about something called a Netti pot on LHC. The people that tried it said it helped them. But, he didn't like the idea of water going in one nostril and out the other. Besides, he is so stopped up the water probably wouldn't come out the other side. We did find a nasal spray that seems to be helping so far.

The choir is having a spaghetti luncheon along with an auction and bake sale tomorrow. We're raising money so that the choir director and his wife can go to Armenia with the Singing Churchmen. We sit up enough tables and chairs for 270 people, I worked up a sweat hauling all those chairs around. I hope most of them show up otherwise people will be eating leftover spaghetti for the Wednesday night meal. The spaghetti is definitely NOT gluten free so I'll pass. Besides we did our part, I baked a cake and we donated several things to the auction.

Looks like the moon is full or almost full. I love the way the way things look in the moonlight. I know that some people are afraid of the dark but I never was even as a child. I always thought the night time was a very peaceful time. Although I did think there were monsters under the bed.

Photo of the day, a waterlily taken last summer.

Photobucket

He who covers a transgression seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates intimate friends.
Proverbs 17:9

3 comments:

Jules said...

Sinus infections are the pits! I've found that moist heat helps: hot showers, hot compresses over the affected areas, lots of hot drinks. I get them often but the worst one was when I had my youngest son and couldn't take anything because I was nursing. That's when I found the moist heat works. Hope your DH feels better soon.

Annie said...

I've read a lot of good things about Netti pots, but all I can think of is how much it hurts when I'm swimming and get water up my nose! No Netti pot for me, either!

Has he tried Sudafed and guaifenesin? They used to come in a combination softgel, but now I have to buy them separately if I want real Sudafed.

Hope Hubby feels better soon!

SchnauzerMom said...

Unfortunately DH can't take Sudafed, it does weird things to him. The nose drops seem to help some.